Technology keeps getting smaller, it seems there's virtually no limit to what you can fit into a hand-held device. We're used to seeing a lot of HDMI streaming dongles, like the Roku or Chromecast, entering the picture. Now, computers-on-a-stick, like Intel's Compute Stick debuted at this year's CES, are becoming more and more common these days. A company called Vensmile has slightly strayed away from the pack, creating a Windows 8.1 running mini PC about the size of a small tablet. It's not as tiny as an HDMI dongle, but it still mimics most of the features found in computing sticks.
Dubbed the Vensmile W10, this thing really has everything a computer has. Measuring just 5.9 x 3.1 x .39 inches, comes with 64GB of storage, and 2GB of RAM. It runs an Intel Atom Z3735F Bay Trail processor, has a built-in 3,000 mAh battery, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and comes fully loaded with Windows 8.1 and Bing software (Digital Trends). This hand-held device even sports all the necessary connectivity ports, including 2 USB 2.0 ports, a mini HDMI for external display, a microSD for expanded storage, and 1 micro USB for power. Impressive, right?
All of this, and you'd wonder what the price would be. It's not a smartphone, but it's sized and shaped like one. It's not a computer, but it truly acts like one. It's a lot like the Compute Stick, but actually comes with twice the storage, and far more connectivity ports. At just $149 in the U.S. and $119 in China, the Vensmile W10 mini PC, it is currently available for purchase from AliExpress.
Read Related Articles
- How About This Adorable Raspberry Pi-Powered Mac Made From LEGOS?
- The HP 2017 Pavilion and Pavilion x360 Notebooks Are Budget-Friendly, and Better Devices Than Ever
- A New Smart-Home Assistant, Duo, Takes Your Commands in the Unique Form of a Mirror!
- The 2017 Apple IPad Is a Budget Model? We’ll Happily Trade the Sheer Thrills for Power and Price
- Intel’s Optane Memory Offers High-Octane Speed for Your PC at Under $100
- Hey! Samsung Made Dex, a Little Dock To Turn your S8 Into a Desktop!