It was about time that we saw something a little more exciting from HTC. Especially after announcing the One M9, which turned out to be far too similar to the One M8 for us to think much of it, HTC is giving us a smartphone that deviates from the pack. The HTC J Butterfly HTV31 has come out from Japanese carrier KDDI, most likely to make its final release as the Butterfly 3. This should be a high-end device, and should appear aesthetically similar to said One M9. In actuality, you might wonder just why the One M9 even exists after hearing about the upcoming Butterfly 3.
All that talk and let's see how the specs make us feel. The Butterfly 3 comes from HTC's Butterfly series, yet this one will apparently break the brand's reputation by becoming the most powerful and feature-packed flagship yet. It has a 5.2-inch screen with Quad HD resolution at 1440 x 2560 pixels, a noteworthy 20.2MP rear-facing DUO camera capable of 4K video (something the M9 was supposed to have but didn't), and a 13MP front-facing camera. Inside its waterproof body is Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810 chip, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage with (200GB) expansion via microSD, a 2,700mAh battery, and fully loaded Android 5.0 Lollipop software (Phandroid).
Naturally, the device will make its first appearance in its Japanese home during the summer. Then, other markets will be blessed with its presence (I feel like since it's called the Butterfly I need to treat it with delicacy). It's already touted as the best smartphone HTC has ever released. When considering chipsets, screens and cameras, it sits somewhere between the M9 and M9+, but is designed to be waterproof this time around. If you're as excited as many, skip the M9's and wait for the Butterfly 3.
Read Related Articles
- How About This Adorable Raspberry Pi-Powered Mac Made From LEGOS?
- The HP 2017 Pavilion and Pavilion x360 Notebooks Are Budget-Friendly, and Better Devices Than Ever
- A New Smart-Home Assistant, Duo, Takes Your Commands in the Unique Form of a Mirror!
- The 2017 Apple IPad Is a Budget Model? We’ll Happily Trade the Sheer Thrills for Power and Price
- Intel’s Optane Memory Offers High-Octane Speed for Your PC at Under $100
- Hey! Samsung Made Dex, a Little Dock To Turn your S8 Into a Desktop!