In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the LCD Screen Assembly on your XPS 17-9700 laptop. These installation instructions have been made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also created a video tutorial that shows you how to install your XPS 17-9700 LCD Screen Assembly.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small Phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x T5 Torx screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
XPS 17-9700 LCD Screen Assembly
- Before you begin: If you need help at any point, you can always contact Parts-People Repair Department for help with your diagnosis or repair.
- Unscrew the Bottom Base Cover (8 x 2.5mm x 4mm T5 Torx screws).
- Use a plastic scribe to pry apart and remove the bottom base cover.
- Disconnect the Battery.
- Unscrew and lift the LCD cable bracket (2 x M2 x 4mm).
- Disconnect the LCD cables.