In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Battery on your Latitude 5420 laptop. These installation instructions have been made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also created a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Latitude 5420 Battery.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Latitude 5420 Battery
- Loosen the screws then pry apart and remove the Bottom Base Cover (8 x captive screws).
- Need a Battery? Visit us at www.parts-people.com.
- There are 2 types of battery options for this laptop (4-cell & 3-cell). The 4-cell is physically larger, holds a longer charge, and would be an upgrade over the 3-cell battery.
- The reinstallation process is as simple as retracing your steps in reverse.
- Enjoy your newly installed Dell part. Thanks for checking us out.