In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Display Assembly on your Inspiron 14 5402/5409 laptop. These installation instructions have been made into 8 easy to follow printable steps. We have also created a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Inspiron 14 5402/5409 Display Assembly.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Inspiron 14 5402/5409 Display Assembly
- Disconnect the Battery cable.
- Peel back the adhesive covering the display cable.
- Use a plastic scribe to unclip and disconnect the display cable.
- Unscrew and lift the right hinge from the palmrest assembly (2 x M2.5 x 5mm).
- Unscrew and lift the left hinge from the palmrest assembly (2 x M2.5 x 5mm).
- Remove the Display Assembly.
- Follow these steps in reverse order to replace part and reassemble laptop.