In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive & Caddy on your Inspiron 15-5558 (P51F-001) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Inspiron 15-5558 (P51F-001) Hard Drive & Caddy.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Inspiron 15-5558 (P51F-001) Hard Drive & Caddy
- Slide the latch to the left to unlock the battery.
- Lift the Battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the 2 - M2.5 x 8mm screws.
- Remove the Access Door.
- Unplug the hard drive cable.
- Remove the 4 - M2.5 x 8mm screws.
- Lift the Hard Drive out of the laptop.
- Unplug the connector.
- Remove the 4 - M3 x 3mm hard drive caddy screws.
- Remove the Hard Drive Caddy.