In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the RAM Memory on your Inspiron 15 N5040 (P18F002) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Inspiron 15 N5040 (P18F002) RAM Memory.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small flat head screwdriver
- 1 x plastic scribe (optional)
Inspiron N5040 Memory
Inspiron 15 N5040 Memory
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Inspiron 15 N5040 (P18F002) RAM Memory
- Slide the locking latch over.
- Slide the battery latch to the left and the Battery out.
- Turn the laptop over and open it up.
- Press in the 4 keyboard clips to loosen the keyboard.
- Carefully lift the Keyboard and turn it over.
- Unplug the keyboard cable.
- Separate the memory clips until the memory pivots up.
- Remove the Memory.
- Repeat the process for the second memory clip.