In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive & Caddy on your Dell Latitude 3540 (P28F004) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Latitude 3540 (P28F004) Hard Drive & Caddy.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Latitude 3540 (P28F004) Hard Drive & Caddy
- Slide the latches over.
- Remove the battery.
- Loosen the screws (cannot be removed).
- Lift and remove the access door off of the laptop.
- Remove the 2 - M3 x 3mm hard drive screws.
- Slide the hard drive over to unplug it from the motherboard.
- Lift and slide the hard drive out of the laptop using the tab.