In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive Caddy on your Inspiron 15R 5521 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Inspiron 15R 5521 Hard Drive Caddy.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Installation and Removal Instructions
Inspiron 15R 5521 Hard Drive Caddy
- Slide the latches over.
- Remove the battery.
- Loosen the screws (cannot be removed).
- Lift and remove the access door off of the laptop.
- Remove the 2 - M3 x 3mm hard drive screws.
- Slide the hard drive over to unplug it from the motherboard.
- Lift and slide the hard drive out of the laptop using the tab.
- Remove the 2 - M3 x 3mm screws.
- Remove the hard drive caddy.