In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the CPU Cooling Fan on your Inspiron 15-5542 (P39F001) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Inspiron 15-5542 (P39F001) CPU Cooling Fan.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
Inspiron 5542 CPU Fan
Inspiron 15 5542 CPU Cooling Fan
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Inspiron 15-5542 (P39F001) CPU Cooling Fan
- Remove the 2 - M2.5 x 5mm screws.
- Pry up the Access Door.
- Remove the 4 - M2.5 x 5mm screws.
- Use the tab & remove the Battery.
- Unplug & loosen the USB / SD circuit board cable.
- Unplug and loosen the LCD cable.
- Remove the 2 - M2.5 x 5mm fan screws.
- Unplug the fan cable.
- Remove the Cooling Fan.