In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to format a Hard Drive. These installation instructions have be made into 7 easy to follow printable steps. We have also created a video tutorial that shows you how to Format your Hard Drive.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Format Hard Drive
- Click the Start button.
- Right click Computer.
- Click on Manage.
- In the left pane, click Management.
- Right click on the volume you want to format.
- Click on Format.
- To format with the default settings click OK, and then click OK again (Note: The Perform a quick format option will create a new file table. It does not overwrite or erase the volume).
Read Related Articles
- Dell Laptop Regulatory Model Reference Guide
- How About This Adorable Raspberry Pi-Powered Mac Made From LEGOS?
- The HP 2017 Pavilion and Pavilion x360 Notebooks Are Budget-Friendly, and Better Devices Than Ever
- A New Smart-Home Assistant, Duo, Takes Your Commands in the Unique Form of a Mirror!
- Dell Inspiron 17-7779 (P30E001) Display Panel Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 17-7779 (P30E001) Display Cable Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 17-7779 (P30E001) Sensor Board Removal & Installation