We know about smart TVs, we know about touchscreens, and we know about tablets that have touchscreens. What if we could now turn our TV into a giant tablet just by turning its display into a touchscreen? With the new TouchJet WAVE, this is already a reality. The company, TouchJet, is currently on Indiegogo hoping to receive funding for its rather genius $99 idea.
It works by using Android’s 4.4 Kitkat operating system as well as TouchJet’s very own television peripheral, the WAVE, to provide functionality and touchscreen capability to a regular HDMI TV. Techcrunch describes how it works as similar to novelty keyboards that use lasers to overlay displays onto television sets. Basically, after installing the device mount on top of your television screen (up to 60 inches away), and the AC and HDMI adapters are plugged in, you're good-to-go. The TouchJet WAVE is ready to work thanks to a built-in wireless connection, where it can then function just like your tablet by downloading apps and media. It also comes with Bluetooth 4.0, 8GB of flash storage, 1GB DDR3 memory, 2 USB 2.0’s, Micro USB, and runs a Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9 processor (Gizmag).
This type of device may not be for your average binge watcher or computer nerd, as you would still have to stand up and be by the TV set to use it, but might just be the right thing for having Fruit Ninja parties, or even giving an important work presentation. TouchJet also comes with a soft-touch stylus for those who want an alternative to finger control, and an additional mobile companion app for controlling the device using your smartphone. For those who want to access their entertainment content in a whole new way, the company has started accepting backers for its product, with shipment not expected until March of 2016. That’s a long time away, but gives the company plenty of time to tweak and troubleshoot as much as they need.
Read Related Articles
- How About This Adorable Raspberry Pi-Powered Mac Made From LEGOS?
- The HP 2017 Pavilion and Pavilion x360 Notebooks Are Budget-Friendly, and Better Devices Than Ever
- A New Smart-Home Assistant, Duo, Takes Your Commands in the Unique Form of a Mirror!
- The 2017 Apple IPad Is a Budget Model? We’ll Happily Trade the Sheer Thrills for Power and Price
- Intel’s Optane Memory Offers High-Octane Speed for Your PC at Under $100
- Hey! Samsung Made Dex, a Little Dock To Turn your S8 Into a Desktop!