In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Keyboard on your Inspiron 17 (5749) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Inspiron 17 (5749) Keyboard.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
Inspiron 5749 Keyboard
Inspiron 17 5749 Keyboard
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Inspiron 17 (5749) Keyboard
- Slide the latches over to unlock the battery.
- Lift the battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the screws.
- Carefully pry up the access door.
- Press in the keyboard latches and loosen the keyboard.
- Turn the keyboard over.
- Unplug the keyboard cable.