The Computex tradeshow in Taiwan continues to grace us with more and more exciting tech news and products from various companies. MSI (Micro-Star International), a Taiwanese multinational information technology corporation, is known for developing computer hardware and related products (laptops, motherboards, graphics cards). Now, the computer company has teamed up with world-leader in eye-tracking, Tobii, to incorporate its Eye-X technology into MSI gaming laptops.
Dubbed the MSI GT72, the laptop works using three infrared sensors located below the laptop screen, which track your eye movements and move the camera accordingly. Just a quick configuration setup and you're good-to-go. The eye-tracking essentially takes away most of the mouse's role, except for when needing to perform additional functions. The laptop measures 17.3 inches across, uses Nvidia's GeForce GTX980M GPU, comes with 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM, and Nvidia's G-Sync technology, said to minimize input lag and display shutter (Slash Gear).
MSI told the guys at Expert Reviews in the UK that the MSI GT72 won't be the end of what we see with Tobii's eye-tracking technology. More content and games are to come, hoping to “create a richer and more immersive experience, which we fully believe will have a profound impact on the future of gaming”, says MSI. However, the laptop we are all reporting on, even the images, isn't the final version of the laptop. It isn't until after Computex that we will see the finished device unveiled. Therefore, pricing and other design and release details are still unknown.
Read Related Articles
- How About This Adorable Raspberry Pi-Powered Mac Made From LEGOS?
- The HP 2017 Pavilion and Pavilion x360 Notebooks Are Budget-Friendly, and Better Devices Than Ever
- A New Smart-Home Assistant, Duo, Takes Your Commands in the Unique Form of a Mirror!
- The 2017 Apple IPad Is a Budget Model? We’ll Happily Trade the Sheer Thrills for Power and Price
- Intel’s Optane Memory Offers High-Octane Speed for Your PC at Under $100
- Hey! Samsung Made Dex, a Little Dock To Turn your S8 Into a Desktop!