SanDisk's new Ultra Fit USB 3.0 flash drive, in all its teeny tiny glory, fits up to 128GB of storage. This is pretty impressive. Most flashies these days max out at 64GB. This is an awesome new option for laptop storage, considering most solid-state storage can get pretty expensive and limiting. Plus, if you want something extra, you definitely don't want it to a be big and bulky external piece.
The tiny (seriously the size of a finger nail) Ultra Fit USB 3.0 flash drive is officially (for now) “the world's smallest 128GB USB 3.0 flash stick”. Measuring just 0.8 x 0.6 x 0.4 inches, and weighing a miniscule 0.3 ounces, SanDisk also offers transfer speeds of up to 130MBs per second. Wired calls this a “capacity-to-size breakthrough”, offering the same amount of storage found in a MacBook Air or iPhone 6. Think 16 hours of full HD video, or 18,000 songs in your music library. The architecture behind its tininess is vertically stacked memory die, with each die thinner than a strand of hair. This is similar to the way Intel and Samsung have created their 3D NAND architecture (Wired).
The device will be priced at $119.99, available worldwide at most retailers. Just plug it into your laptop's USB slot and forget about it (just don't forget about it on your nightstand, you won't be able to find it). Nothing external or portable that you have to remember to carry around, nothing protruding from your device that you have to worry about breaking. SanDisk says, as with all of its Ultra Fit drives, the Ultra Fit USB 3.0 drive comes with a 5-year warranty, encrypted software for keeping your data secure, and a year of free access to the company's file backup service.
Read Related Articles
- How About This Adorable Raspberry Pi-Powered Mac Made From LEGOS?
- The HP 2017 Pavilion and Pavilion x360 Notebooks Are Budget-Friendly, and Better Devices Than Ever
- A New Smart-Home Assistant, Duo, Takes Your Commands in the Unique Form of a Mirror!
- The 2017 Apple IPad Is a Budget Model? We’ll Happily Trade the Sheer Thrills for Power and Price
- Intel’s Optane Memory Offers High-Octane Speed for Your PC at Under $100
- Hey! Samsung Made Dex, a Little Dock To Turn your S8 Into a Desktop!