In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Keyboard on your Dell Latitude E6420 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Latitude E6420 Keyboard.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Latitude E6420 Keyboard
- Slide the battery latches towards the outside of the laptop until they click.
- Lift the battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the bottom keyboard screws (2 x M2 x 8mm).
- Unsnap the keyboard bezel, starting at the top of the keyboard, working your way around the edges and to the bottom. You may need a flat head screwdriver to get the bezel started.
- Remove the keyboard bezel.
- Remove the keyboard screws (4 x M2 x 3mm).
- Turn the keyboard over and unplug the keyboard cable.
- Remove the keyboard.
Read Related Articles
- Hard Drive Formatting How To Guide
- Dell Latitude E6420 Beep Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD LED Circuit Board Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Hinge Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Screen and Rail Removal and Installation