In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Keyboard on your Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 Keyboard.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 Keyboard
- On the bottom of the laptop, slide the battery latch to the right and lift the battery out.
- Open the laptop display as far as possible.
- On the right side of the power button, place a flat head screw driver into the slot and carefully pry up the power button cover.
- Remove the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm screws.
- Carefully lift the keyboard up and place it onto the LCD screen to reveal the keyboard cable connection.
- Pivot the keyboard cable latch up and remove the cable.
Read Related Articles
- Hard Drive Formatting How To Guide
- Dell Inspiron 6400 LED POST Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 LCD Screen and Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 LCD Back Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 LCD Bezel Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 Motherboard Removal and Installation