In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the LCD Screen and Rail on your Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Screen and Rail.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Screen and Rail
- Slide the battery latches over and slide the battery up.
- Carefully remove the bezel by unsnapping it around the edge of the screen. Go slowly, they can be difficult to remove.
- **Tech note: The E6400 has multiple screen types and configurations(CCFL, LED, with and without camera, Electronic Privacy View [EPV], and different resolutions for the screens). Before purchasing LCD back assemblies, LCD bezels, LCD Cables, and LCD screens you should confirm the part numbers.
- Remove the (4) 2.5mm x 5mm LCD screen screws.
- Lift the LCD screen away from the bask assembly and lay it face down.
- Disconnect the LCD ribbon cable.
- Unplug the LCD inverter or converter.
- Remove the (8) 2mm x 3mm screw holding the mounting rail brackets to the left and right side of the LCD screen.