In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Modem Card on your Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Latitude E6400 Modem Card.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Latitude E6400 Modem Card
- Slide the battery latches over and slide the battery up.
- Loosen the access panel door cover screw.
- Remove the (2) 3mm x 3mm hard drive screws.
- Slide the door down and lift it off of the laptop.
- Under the battery, loosen the 3 clips by sliding them to the left.
- Turn the laptop over and open it up.
- Lift under the LED cover to remove it from the laptop.
- Remove the (2) 2mm x 3mm screws.
- Using the tab at the top of the keyboard, slide the keyboard up and lift the keyboard away from the laptop.
- Remove the 2mm x 3mm modem screw.
- Lift the modem off of the motherboard.
- Unplug the modem cable.
One Response to Dell Latitude E6400 Modem Card Removal and Installation