In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive & Caddy on your Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 Hard Drive & Caddy.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guidelines when working on static sensitive electrical components.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 Hard Drive & Caddy
- Slide the battery latch to the right.
- Slide the battery out of the laptop.
- Unscrew the 3 retaining screws on the Access Door.
- Lift the door away from the laptop base.
- Unscrew the (4) 3mm x 3mm hard drive screws.
- Slide the hard drive to the right and lift it out of the laptop.
- Remove the (4) 3mm x 3mm hard drive screws on the sides of the hard drive caddy.
- Slide the hard drive out of the hard drive caddy.
Read Related Articles
- Hard Drive Formatting How To Guide
- Dell Studio 15 (1555) Beep Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 LCD Back Cover Removal and Installation
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 CPU Removal and Installation
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 CPU Heatsink Removal and Installation
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 Power Button and Cable Removal and Installation